Terms and Conditions
Registrations for a workshop and/or venture can be made by completing and purchasing a spot on the Shoot the Planet website (www.shoottheplanet.net). Shoot The Planet limits workshop and/or venture sizes to allow for a better experience of the the offered workshops and/or ventures. This ensures sufficient individual experiences. Pre-registration is required.
One customer per workshop and/or venture when purchasing the transportation option only unless you provide your on transportation. If you have a disability or some other condition that requires someone accompany you in order to attend the workshop and/or venture after purchasing the transportation option, please contact us to make arrangements. Unpaid persons attempting to accompany a paid customer to a workshop and/or venture will not be permitted to attend. This applies to all purchase options.
Customers must be 18 years of age to attend workshops and/or ventures. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The fee for a workshop and/or venture will be charged per participant for the entire duration of the workshop and/or venture. Fees vary in accordance with the workshop and/or venture activities, duration of workshops and/or ventures, and transportation for workshops and/or ventures. A listing of the current venture schedule and related fees are available on the Shoot The Planet website.
Unless otherwise noted, workshop and/or venture fees permit attendance to the entire workshop and/or venture specifically designated for that workshop and/or venture, date, and time period and any materials that have been created for all participants with the express purpose of facilitating the content of a workshop and/or venture. Any workshop and/or venture missed by the participant, through no negligence or technical issues caused by Shoot The Planet, remain the responsibility of the participant, and a “make-up” workshop and/or venture is not available as part of the original fee paid. Depending on the workshop and/or venture, fees may or may not include the cost of transportation, accommodation, food, or any other extra services. Please read the details of the workshop and/or venture you are interested in to see what the fee will cover.
Any discounts that may apply as part of an agreement or special promotion cannot be combined, unless specifically granted by Shoot The Planet. Shoot The Planet reserves the right to review and change workshop and/or venture fees without notification. However, workshop and/or venture dates that were booked prior to the price change, and for which Shoot The Planet have received valid payment; will be honored at that fee that was applicable at the time of booking.
Refunds and Cancellations:
Our goal is to provide a fun and professional workshop and/or venture experience that fosters a positive environment and builds a strong relationship with Shoot The Planet customers. Unless otherwise noted, all workshops and/or ventures require advance registration due to limited seating and/or availability.
Shoot The Planet may cancel or reschedule a workshop and/or venture if the number of participants is less than that specified for the relevant event, or if the workshop and/or venture leader is incapacitated through illness, or for other reasons of a serious nature. Should this be the case, all monies will be refunded in full. For on-location workshop and/or ventures, Shoot The Planet shall not be liable for non-refundable travel arrangements if a workshop and/or venture is cancelled or rescheduled.
Refund requests must be submitted via email 48 hours prior to a workshop and/or venture. If a cancellation or rescheduling request is received less than 48 hours before the workshop and/or venture, or in the case of absence without any notice, no refund will be issued. The customer has the right to send another participant as a substitute. There are no refunds for partial use of services or partial attendance.
Copyright / Intellectual Property Rights:
The copyright in and all other intellectual property rights relating to the workshop and/or venture documentation, maps, scheduling, location information, and any other materials provided to the workshop and/or venture participants, are solely owned by and hereby reserved to Shoot The Planet. Under no circumstances may the whole or any part of the workshop and/or venture documentation be produced or copied in any form or by any means or translated into another language without the prior written permission of Shoot The Planet. Documentation and/or materials are defined to also include all electronic knowledge products or learning systems, which have been given to the participant on a storage device or made accessible via the Internet. Offenders are liable for payment of damages.
Shoot The Planet reserves the right to amend the content of any workshop and/or venture without notice to the participants where, at the sole discretion of Shoot The Planet, such amendment is deemed not to fundamentally change the content of a venture.
Rules Of Participation:
Each participant attending a Shoot The Planet workshop and/or venture shall comply with all regulations and procedures established and communicated for the workshop and/or venture.
Participants are requested to come to the workshop and/or venture site 15 minutes before the start of the workshop and/or venture. The customer shall remain responsible for his or her activities and behavior during a Shoot The Planet workshop and/or venture. The customer is liable to pay for any damage that is caused by their participant to any property belonging to Shoot The Planet.
Shoot The Planet reserves the right to exclude (a) participant(s) from attending any workshop and/or venture due to disorderly conduct, failure to observe any of Shoot The Planet’s rules of participation. No refund of fees shall be paid to the participant in such circumstances.
By clicking on the “Order Now” button you agree to the following:
Shoot The Planet Assumption of Risk, Waiver, and Release from Liability
In consideration of my upcoming participation in the workshop and/or venture or event offered, sponsored and/or organized by Shoot The Planet (including any affiliates, officers, employees, agents, contractors or licensees, collectively referred to hereinafter as “STP”) and related use of the property, equipment, facilities and/or services provided through such program, workshop, venture or event, including travel related thereto, (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Program”) I agree to the terms and conditions in this Assumption of Risk, Waiver and Release from Liability (referred to below as this “Agreement”) as follows:
1. RISK FACTORS. I understand and acknowledge that the use of property, equipment, facilities and/or services provided through the Program, may involve risks such as, but not limited to, risk of property damage, theft, bodily injury and possible death, which might result from the use of equipment or facilities, from the activity itself, from the acts of others, or from the unavailability of emergency medical care. Additional risks may include but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, alcohol consumption by participants and actions of other individuals.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I assume all risks (including known and unknown) that arise out of the use of the equipment, the facilities, the activity itself, the act of others and/or the unavailability of emergency care, including but not limited to, those risk factors described in section 1 above. My participation in this Program is purely voluntary; no one is forcing me to participate and I elect to participate in spite of all known and unknown risks.
3. PREREQUISITE SKILLS AND PHYSICAL FITNESS. I acknowledge that I have the requisite skills, qualifications, physical abilities, and training necessary for proper and safe use of the equipment and facilities and to participate in the Program itself. I certify that I am physically fit, I have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in the Program and a qualified medical professional has not advised me to refrain from participating in the Program. I certify that I have no health-related problems/reasons that preclude participation in the Program. I agree that if I have any questions as to what skills, qualifications or training is necessary to properly use the equipment, facilities, services and/or to participate in the activity itself, I will direct such questions to the appropriate STP employee or representative.
4. RELEASE. I waive, release and discharge STP from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of STP, for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me, including traveling to and from the Program. I agree not to sue STP on account of or in conjunction with any claims, causes of action, injuries, damage, cost of expenses arising out of the Program (including traveling and /or transportation to and from), including but not limited to those based on death, bodily injury, disability property damage or theft whether or not caused by the acts, omissions, negligence or other fault of STP. I acknowledge that STP is not responsible for the errors, omissions, acts or failure to act of any party or entity conducting a specific Program on behalf of STP.
Shoot The Planet will not accept liability for any damage that may result from possible viruses on copied file disks or other external file storage devices.
5. WAIVER. I waive the protection afforded by any statute or law in any jurisdiction including California Code 1542 whose purpose, substance, and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise which the person giving the release does not know of or suspect at the time of executing the release. This means, in part, that I am releasing unknown future claims.
6. INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND. I agree to indemnify and defend STP (also referred to below as “indemnitee”) against, and hold STP harmless from any and all claims, causes of action, damage judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees which in any way arise from the Program or this Agreement which include but are not limited to damages to or destruction of any property of the indemnitee, of any others, my injury or death or anyone else or any liability arising from the act or negligent act of the indemnitee, myself or anyone else.
7. PAY. I agree to pay for any and all damages I have caused either negligently, willfully, or otherwise to any property or individual during the Program (including travel and/or transportation to and from).
8. REPRESENTATIVES. I enter into this Agreement for myself and my heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
9. EMERGENCY TREATMENT CONSENT. I, as a participant in the Program, hereby consent to medical treatment in a medical emergency where I am unable to consent to such treatment.
10. INSURANCE. I understand that STP does not carry participant insurance. I understand that I am encouraged to have a physical examination and to purchase health insurance prior to any and all participation.
11. IMAGES. I understand that I might be photographed and/or filmed at the Program and/or related activities. I hereby consent to being photographed and/or filmed at the Program and/or related activities. I understand that any image or images (including any video or film), containing my likeness taken during the Program and/or related activities (hereinafter the “image”) are the property of STP, and may appear in various publications, modes of communication, advertising and social media including but not limited to the STP website, Twitter, Facebook and other such media. My signature below grants STP and the photographer of the image the following worldwide, irrevocable rights, in perpetuity: to use and re-use, publish and re-publish, disseminate, modify or alter, and copyright such images of me, or in which I may be included. Use of such images of me for editorial, commercial, trade, marketing, advertising, or any other purpose may be made in any medium now existing or subsequently developed. I waive my right to inspect or approve any such images of me and/or any editorial matter or advertising copy that is used in connection with any such images. My signature below grants STP the right to sell by auction or any other mode of sale the images as determined by STP in its sole discretion. I hereby waive all rights to any kind of compensation for Samy’s use and/or sale of the images. I release and discharge Samy’s and the photographer from any and all claims arising out of use and/or sale of such images by STP and the photographer for the purposes described above, including any claims for libel, copyright violation, invasion of privacy and compensation.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND ARBITRATION. The validity, interpretation and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law principles. The parties agree that any controversy, claim or dispute between them or against any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, whether related to this Agreement or otherwise, and/or the relationship or duties contemplated under this Agreement including the validity of this arbitration clause, shall be resolved solely and exclusively by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association or other arbitration association mutually agreed upon by the parties. Any arbitration hearing shall take place in Los Angeles, California, under the Arbitration Rules then in effect. Any award of the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties agree to abide by all decisions and awards rendered in such proceedings. Such decisions and awards rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and conclusive. The costs of any arbitration shall be borne equally by both parties pending the arbitrator’s awards. The arbitrator shall not have the right to amend this Agreement. The arbitrator shall be required to follow applicable law. If for any reason this arbitration clause becomes inapplicable, each party to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, hereby irrevocably waives all right to trial by jury as to any issue relating hereto in any action, proceeding or counterclaim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any other matter involving the parties hereto.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior communications, understandings and agreements relating to the subject matter hereof, whether oral or written. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by mutual agreement of authorized representatives of the parties in writing.
14. ACKNOWLEDGMENT. I have read and comprehend this Agreement. I understand that this Agreement relates to surrendering valuable legal rights and I do so freely and voluntarily.